- Completion of state approved training program (generally in the form of diploma, certificate, or associate degree)
- LPN license (pass NCLEX-PN exam)
- ACLS/BLS Certification
- 1-2 years recent nursing experience
Responsible for providing individualized and specialized care for the Endoscopy Center and with physician’s orders, utilizing the nursing process, legal aspects of the current State of Illinois Nurse Practice Act and the Center’s policies and procedures. This position functions cooperatively with physicians and staff demonstrating teamwork and demonstrating intuitive insight and judgment in decision making.
Licensed Practical Nurse
- Interviews patient about current problems, medications, and allergies and reviews medical record for pertinent previous and current information
- Participates in patient care, including administering medications (under the supervision of a physician and registered nurse).
- Assists in IV set-up: verifying solution to be administered, evaluating infusion site, checking IV function and patient comfort, and discontinuing IV at appropriate time.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and continuously refines them as patient care dictates.
- Performs thorough and accurate patient assessment to evaluate patient status.
- Demonstrates ability to formulate an individualized patient plan of care and evaluate for effectiveness.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan based on patient’s learning needs and provides continuous evaluation of effectiveness.
- Documentation is thorough, accurate and meets current standards and CIEC policies.
- Maintains competence by completing annual competencies relating to patient care/safety.
- Seeks opportunities for continuing education and provides educational offerings for the CIEC staff based on clinical need and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates body of knowledge regarding procedures performed in the department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical nursing skills.
- Demonstrates competency in use of patient monitoring equipment, endoscopic equipment, and ability to troubleshoot as needed.
- Assists physicians in evaluating new equipment to improve patient outcomes and provide cost effective care.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality
- Adheres to dress code and presents a neat and clean appearance
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled
- Wears identification while on duty
- Maintains a working rapport with physician, office personnel and CIEC staff.
- Represents CIEC in a positive and professional manner
- Participates on selected performance improvement teams.
- Maintains regulatory requirements: IDPH, AAAHC, IDPR
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to improve processes within the Endoscopy Center.
- Maintains a safe clean and orderly environment for patients, physicians and CIEC staff.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
Candidates should send a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).