- High School Diploma
- Prefer previous Endoscopy experience
- CPR Certification
Functions as a member of the Endoscopy team in providing quality care for the patient by assisting the physicians and nurses with procedures, providing appropriate instrumentation and supplies and ensuring appropriate decontamination and reprocessing of equipment. Incumbent will be responsible for cleaning of the scopes and other endoscopic equipment following the policies and procedures of the Endoscopy Center and Standards of Care of the accrediting organization.
- Maintains knowledge of gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- Interacts professionally with patients and families.
- Provides patients with explanations of procedure and verbal reassurance as needed.
- Adapts procedures to meet individual needs of patients.
- Identifies change in patient condition during procedures and alerts the physician and/or nurse as appropriate.
- Prepares an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment used in the department and physician preferences.
- Documentation is thorough, accurate and meets current standards and CIEC policies.
- Maintains competence by completing annual competencies relating to patient care/safety.
- Seeks opportunities for continuing education and provides educational offerings for the CIEC Staff as needed.
- Cleans scopes and other endoscopic equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations and in accordance with CIEC policies.
- Reports problems with scopes and other equipment to the RN coordinator immediately.
- Assists with patient transport within the facility and upon discharge home.
- Demonstrates body of knowledge regarding procedures performed in the department.
- Demonstrates competency in use of patient monitoring equipment, endoscopic equipment and ability to troubleshoot as needed.
- Assists physicians in evaluating new equipment to improve patient outcomes and provide cost effective care.
- Maintains scope inventory and scope labeling.
- Maintains inventory of supplies in adequate quantities to ensure availability when needed, but not overstocking.
- Demonstrates knowledge in Surgi Care.
- Demonstrates knowledge in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times.
- Cleans and prepares room between procedures and after last case, restocks supplies when necessary and organizes effectively for end-of-case
- Empties linen timely and replaces linen bags.
- Answers phone when others are not available in professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality
- Adheres to dress code and presents a neat and clean appearance
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled
- Wears identification while on duty
- Maintains a working rapport with physician, office personnel and CIEC staff.
- Represents CIEC in a positive and professional manner
- Participates on selected performance improvement teams.
- Maintains regulatory requirements: IDPH, AAAHC, IDPR
- Maintains a safe clean and orderly environment for patients, physicians and CIEC staff.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function during stressful situations.
Candidates should send a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).