- Nursing Degree – Associates Degree minimal requirement
- Valid Registered Nurse License in State of Illinois
- CPR Certification
- Must complete ACLS by end of 1st year of employment
Supervisor: Nursing Manager
Responsible for providing individualized and specialized nursing care for the Endoscopy Center and with physician’s orders, utilizing the nursing process, legal aspects of the current State of Illinois nurse practice act and the Center’s policies and procedures. This position functions cooperatively with physicians and staff demonstrating teamwork and demonstrating intuitive insight and judgment in decision making.
Clinical Nursing Requirements:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient care which ensures patients’ needs are met and facility policy is followed.
- Utilizes critical thinking skill and continuously refines them as patient care dictates.
- Performs thorough and accurate patient assessment to evaluate patient status.
- Demonstrates ability to formulate an individualized patient plan of care and evaluate for effectiveness.
- Reviews and validates the patient data when developing, implementing and evaluating the plan of care in addition to updating as the assessment indicates.
- Formulates and implements a teaching plan based on patient’s learning needs and provides continuous evaluation of effectiveness.
- Documentation is thorough, accurate and meets current standards and CIEC policies.
- Practices nursing within the scope of practice established by the Illinois Registered Professional Nurse Licensure.
- Maintains competence by completing annual competencies relating to patient care/safety.
- Seeks opportunities for continuing education and provides educational offerings for the CIEC Staff based on clinical need and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates body of knowledge regarding procedures performed in the department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical nursing skills.
- Demonstrates competency in use of patient monitoring equipment, endoscopic equipment and ability to troubleshoot as needed.
- Assists physicians in evaluating new equipment to improve patient outcomes and provide cost effective care.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality
- Adheres to dress code and presents a neat and clean appearance
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled
- Wears identification while on duty
- Maintains a working rapport with physician, office personnel and CIEC staff.
- Represents CIEC in a positive and professional manner
- Participates on selected performance improvement teams.
- Maintains regulatory requirements: IDPH, AAAHC, IDPR
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to improve processes within the Endoscopy Center.
- Maintains a safe clean and orderly environment for patients, physicians and CIEC staff.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
Candidates should send a resume/CV to email@example.com (no phone calls please).