- High School Diploma
- Prefer Medical Office Assistant or Certified Nurse Assistant
- 4 days per week
Supervisor: Clinical Coordinator
This position is responsible for maintaining the patient’s discharge chart process, making follow-up appointments, placing diagnostic and/or laboratory orders, responsible for verification of specimens for pathology, taking patients to their car via wheelchair, cleaning patient carts and recovery room area upon patient discharge and when needed. The recovery room desk clerk is to communicate with staff in the recovery room and work with them in the recovery process.
- Demonstrates medical terminology
- Demonstrates good communication skills when placing diagnostic and/or laboratory orders or scheduling referrals
- Maintain and verify specimens received and prepare them for pick-up
- Documentation is thorough, accurate, and meets current standards and CIEC policies
- Utilizes good, open communication skills in dealing with patients and staff at Endoscopy Center
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding procedures performed in the department.
- Take patients to their car after their procedure via wheelchair transportation
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed for recovery area.
- Coordinates with janitorial service areas in the recovery area needing special attention.
- Cleans the recovery room of debris as needed during the day.
- Cleans patient carts upon patient discharge
- Performs tasks and duties as designated by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality
- Adheres to dress code and presents a neat and clean appearance
- Reports to work on time as scheduled
- Wears identification while on duty
- Maintains a working rapport with physician, office personnel and staff
- Represents CIEC in a positive and professional manner
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly environment for patients, physicians and CIEC staff
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized and functional under stressful situations
Candidates should send a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).