There seems to be a lot of fear surrounding Colonoscopy – either concern about the procedure itself or worry abou the results. It is our goal to help minimize these concerns by providing you with some answers. One of the most important things to note is that 90% of colon cancer deaths can be prevented by a Colonoscopy.
Colonoscopy Patient Education
- Why have a Colonoscopy?
- What is a Colonoscopy?
- What are polyps? Why and how are they removed?
- How do I prepare for a Colonoscopy?
- Can I take my regular medications when doing a Colonoscopy?
- How long does Colonoscopy take?
- What are possible Colonoscopy complications?
- 10 Myths and Misconceptions of Colorectal Cancer
- Central Illinois Endoscopy Center Attains Highest Adenoma Detection Rate in Central Illinois
- Central Illinois Endoscopy Center Earns National Recognition for Quality and Safety
- Colon Cancer Screening is a Positive Experience at Central Illinois Endoscopy Center
- Could this be Colon Cancer?
Colonoscopy in Peoria, Illinois
The Colonoscopy information provided here is for general purposes only. It is not a substitute for individual medical advice, diagnosis or treatment from your physician. All procedures carry the potential risk of complications. Your healthcare provider will provide specific details about your individual situation. Please contact our staff here in Peoria, Illinois for Colonoscopy information specific to your case.